The use of CCTV surveillance in private and the public domain is being used more than ever. With every action captured, how is this myriad of information used? The traditional method of manual surveillance through guards or monitoring centres simply cannot keep up with the volume or veracity and can, in itself, create a bottleneck for the processing of information. Automated monitoring systems, which use video analytics, help to ease the pressure and allow onsite or remote guards to see filtered results in real-time.
Whilst some Video Content Analysis (VCA) technologies allow you to recognise a set of actions, more advanced video analytics systems or Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) allow the recognition of behaviour patterns leading to near-human intelligence. Furthermore video analytics systems take pre-loaded ‘intelligence’ in the form of rules and mix with machine learnt understanding to bring context to the scene.
Benefits of Video Analytics
|Improved security||Eliminate human error and ensure operators are alerted to developing threats in real time for proactive monitoring and intervention|
|Maintained safety and compliance||Maintain and comply with stringent health and safety regulations for overcrowding at venues and public areas, blocked emergency exits or incidents in tunnels and level crossings amongst others|
|Operational cost saving||Reduce operational costs through the better use of existing infrastructure and technologies leading to significant ROI|
|Improved service quality||Video analytics help identify areas for improvement to service quality by detection of events or behaviours to allow full optimisation of resources as appropriate|
|Performance enhancement||Enhance operational performance with high detection and low false alarm rates improving reaction time|
|Policing and enforcement||Identify and track suspects or objects for real time detection and improved efficiency in forensic investigations|
Real-Time Event Detection
Delivering highly accurate real-time event detections, eliminating the need to rely on the alertness or response discipline of the system’s operator. Users define potential events of interest in advance and receive alerts when such events occur, enabling rapid responses to incidents, as they emerge.
It is near impossible for a surveillance system operator to identify incidents and events of interest in live video stream. The monotonous nature of the video together with the large number of video feeds to observe means that operators will not notice situations that require immediate responses. The Real-Time Event Detection solution generates automatic alerts for events of interest, increasing the level of security without increasing manpower levels.
- Transforms video surveillance system from a passive tool to a proactive detection system
- Detects a wide range of events relating to people, vehicles and static objects
- Analyzes video from multiple sources in parallel, including fixed, PTZ and thermal cameras
- Enables unlimited combinations of analytics detection rules to be applied to each camera
- Allows complex detection scenarios which combine/link detection rules from multiple cameras
Automatic and effortless retrieval and analysis of recorded video, replacing cumbersome, labor-intensive, manual searches. Users define parameters regarding the event/object of interest and receive matching search results within seconds, enabling rapid access to specific video segments buried in the stored video.
To locate a specific video segment within the recorded video, operators must undertake a time-consuming, needle in a haystack, manual search. The lack of an automated and time-efficient solution means that stored video collected by surveillance systems is rarely utilized.The Video Search solution allows surveillance system users to employ extensive and intuitive search parameters to define a search query and receive precise search results. Scanning days of stored video in seconds, and with simultaneous search on multiple cameras, eliminating inefficient manual review to allow true leveraging of the stored video.
- Offers extensive range of search parameter filters to pinpoint video segments of interest
- Presents versatile visualization displays that minimize video viewing time
- Delivers rapid results: Searches 24 hours of video in a few seconds
- Enables simultaneous search on any number of cameras
- Increases efficiency in investigations relying on recorded video
- Allows search to be applied in near real-time for enhanced situational awareness and incident response
Video Analytics for Business Intelligence
Automated statistical analysis to present traffic volumes, movement trends and motion patterns, enabling effortless extraction of operational data from surveillance video. Equipped with such information, facility managers, marketing leaders and business owners can make educated decisions regarding various operational and resource allocation aspects at their facility.
Gathering statistics from recorded video can be a time-consuming undertaking. While the hours and hours of video captured undoubtedly contain valuable information, the labour-intensive task of manually analyzing such video is overwhelming. The Business Intelligence solution automates the task of gathering information to provide accurate figures and data about people and vehicle movement and traffic paths. This valuable data informs business decisions to ensure an optimal level of operational efficiency.
- Delivers accurate, wide-ranging statistical data related to people and vehicles
- Offers advanced visualization tools including charts, graphs and heat maps, for effortless analysis of the data
- Enables exporting of the raw data for further analysis or integration with other systems
- Enhances operations and marketing decisions for the retail sector through customer behavior analysis
- Provides key metrics for highway operators through vehicle flow and speed analysis